Neurosciencegirl

Friday, November 07, 2008

I'm here.... just busy

I've been super busy in my lab lately and have been staying until 11 pm or later most week days and putting in 10 or 12 hours each weekend day. E has even come into the lab to help me code data (10 hours on Sunday and 5 more hours last night). That is very sweet of him and he doesn't even complain about it! I am in huge time crunch as I leave Thursday and I still don't have my data ready to put on my poster! He did some laundry this week and brought me dinner, I would be even more behind without him this week.

My friend who is living with us defended this morning and did a great job so she just has a few revisions and then is leaving us for her post doc. I am happy it went so well but I will miss her greatly.

There is some other stuff but I can't blog about it for now. But some good news is I have another meeting with a potential post-doc adviser next week at the meeting! Yay!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your meeting, and good luck with everything you are doing. It sounds like you are wrking a ton. We love you and you'll be great!

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I reviewed some of your earlier posts and noted that you seem to have an inordinate amount of trouble entering and crunching data. May I ask what software or code you employ? Is it acceptable to evaluate your data using a spreadsheet?

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger B said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger B said…

    anonymous-
    I do employ various programs (excell, SPSS, etc) and use spreadsheets, however some of my stuff has to be hand entered. Of the current set, I had to flag by hand a particular time stamp for the onset of a stimulus (200 for one file) with about 12 files for one day of work. We are trying to fix this problem but at the moment I had no other option.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home