still stressed but doing better
I was super stressed out before, I think worrying about my PI and all the things I need to do added to my stress. [Like my revise and resubmit paper sitting on my desk...] I'm still stressed now and worried but I actually slept last night and the rock in my chest has loosened slightly. (although give me a few hours I'll probably get all tight all over again) But for the moment I can breath. I taught that lecture this morning and I think it went well. I actually enjoy getting up and explaining new concepts, even if I get nervous before hand. I like to try to give practical information so they know why knowing 'stuff' about the brain is important.
I also have a friend living with us temporarily while she finishes her PhD. While I love her and am happy to be with her most of the time, finishing the writing process is stressful for her and she had the added bonus of finding out she wasn't getting paid and a whole bunch of her stuff was ruined at the storage place with water! So that has added to her stress and mine.
I met with another faculty member on my committee and he said I should post-pone my meeting. But when we talked about all the other variables and how we might not be able to reschedule for a month or longer he said I could do it. So keep your fingers crossed for me on Tuesday!!! I just want it to go smoothly and not feel like a dumb ass or let my PI down.
I also have a friend living with us temporarily while she finishes her PhD. While I love her and am happy to be with her most of the time, finishing the writing process is stressful for her and she had the added bonus of finding out she wasn't getting paid and a whole bunch of her stuff was ruined at the storage place with water! So that has added to her stress and mine.
I met with another faculty member on my committee and he said I should post-pone my meeting. But when we talked about all the other variables and how we might not be able to reschedule for a month or longer he said I could do it. So keep your fingers crossed for me on Tuesday!!! I just want it to go smoothly and not feel like a dumb ass or let my PI down.

3 Comments:
At 9:01 AM,
Anonymous said…
Oh babe! My fingers will be very crossed for you. Love you.
At 9:29 AM,
Unbalanced Reaction said…
Hope things are going well!
At 11:26 AM,
Candid Engineer said…
Best wishes for a good meeting. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home