doing better
I handed in another draft of the prospectus to my adviser so I'm happy to have a small break from it. I know she will get it back to me soon because I have to give it to my entire a committee in less than two weeks. I can now focus again on some data collection and work on my presentation.
My sister learned that she has a hole in her heart so while she is finally feeling better now, she will have to more surgery to fix the hole. In addition, she will continue to have small palpitations for the next two months. I'm glad they found the hole now so that she can get it fixed. I guess it was congenital but it is scary to be walking around like that for 30 years and not even know it!
Weird dreams:
Even in my sleep I cannot escape my work. I dreamt that I gave birth to a cousin of the type of animal I work with. In my dream I remember explaining to my 'baby' how special it was and how rare to come from a human! and even as I was explaining that to the animal, remembering that it couldn't understand me. (all a bit strange really) but it felt so natural. E thought I was just weird. My friend couldn't stop laughing as I told her about it. My PI told me that oddly enough she dreamt she gave birth to the animals she was studying while she was working on her dissertation (a different species than what we work with now).
My sister learned that she has a hole in her heart so while she is finally feeling better now, she will have to more surgery to fix the hole. In addition, she will continue to have small palpitations for the next two months. I'm glad they found the hole now so that she can get it fixed. I guess it was congenital but it is scary to be walking around like that for 30 years and not even know it!
Weird dreams:
Even in my sleep I cannot escape my work. I dreamt that I gave birth to a cousin of the type of animal I work with. In my dream I remember explaining to my 'baby' how special it was and how rare to come from a human! and even as I was explaining that to the animal, remembering that it couldn't understand me. (all a bit strange really) but it felt so natural. E thought I was just weird. My friend couldn't stop laughing as I told her about it. My PI told me that oddly enough she dreamt she gave birth to the animals she was studying while she was working on her dissertation (a different species than what we work with now).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home