oh those undergrads...
I got an email plea today for study tips and help for the class I TA for. Which is fine, except for the fact this student has not attended the discussion section I TA for the last 5 weeks, missed the exam review, and has failed to hand in the last two assigments. Our policy is that not turning in assignments = F for the class. Also, for every missed section (after one freebie) that isn't excused [sickness etc.] you lose 5 points. How about for starters you do the things that a student is responsible for: 1) Come to class (just showing your pretty little face saves you points!)
2) Do your assignments
3) Study! and not by just flipping through your notes, quiz yourself, explain the concepts....
4) Do the assigned reading
Which is what I wrote to her in a much nicer way because I didn't want to be rude. But, honestly I just wanted to write DUH! have you EVER been a student before?
In other news a friend and I worked on my wedding invitations for hours on Saturday. We tied a ribbon on each one, ironed it flat on some cardboard, then glued the knot down to make it set, and stay nice even after it travels. (well hopefully) We got about a 1/3 of them done and I'm waiting for more ribbon to come in at the craft store. It was fun though. Last night during family guy I addressed enevelopes and had E stamp them. So we will just have to tie ribbons, iron, glue and stuff. Which
will save some time.
2) Do your assignments
3) Study! and not by just flipping through your notes, quiz yourself, explain the concepts....
4) Do the assigned reading
Which is what I wrote to her in a much nicer way because I didn't want to be rude. But, honestly I just wanted to write DUH! have you EVER been a student before?
In other news a friend and I worked on my wedding invitations for hours on Saturday. We tied a ribbon on each one, ironed it flat on some cardboard, then glued the knot down to make it set, and stay nice even after it travels. (well hopefully) We got about a 1/3 of them done and I'm waiting for more ribbon to come in at the craft store. It was fun though. Last night during family guy I addressed enevelopes and had E stamp them. So we will just have to tie ribbons, iron, glue and stuff. Which
will save some time.
3 Comments:
At 6:50 PM,
Stephanie said…
Aww. Wish I were there to help with invitations too! And I got a present from you in the mail today - thank you so much! what a cute box. now i have someplace to put all of my assorted jewelry :)
At 9:44 AM,
PG said…
Argh - students like that annoy me. I had a student write a long note on the exam saying that he didn't understand my lectures or powerpoint slides. He got a 2/30 on the exam. WTF!?! Why bother? Why not come and see me for help. He figured all of this out AFTER the drop date. He still hasn't come to see me and only shows up to about 1/4 classes.
At 1:56 PM,
B said…
psychgrad- I know! I mean wouldn't you want to try to not fail?
Post a Comment
<< Home