Neurosciencegirl

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

tired and cranky

Today has been crappy from start to finish. I'm so frustrated with various lab things I could explode. Data collection is non-existent at the moment and I feel like I will never leave this place. The brand new probes I got were supposed to be fabulous and we were told other labs were having lots of success with them. I have tried 3 different ones, different times and have not had any success with any of them. I've been calling the company everyday to say this is what we are doing, am I missing something? Is something not right with my set up? So far I've been doing everything right (or so it seems). Today I learned the exact set of probes I ordered have been very "hit or miss"!!! WTF!!! If I knew that ahead of time I would have ordered a different kind! Plus they are so expensive it is ridiculous! Especially if they won't even work. I'm so disappointed I could scream. I will try again tomorrow with another new probe. But I feel sort of hopeless. Also, I was told to figure out how to arrange the lab schedules so I could run a long session everyday, my lab mate runs the long afternoon session, so together that is 8-10 hours. But, I'm supposed to figure out how to run the other animals as well which takes an additional 4+ hours. How do you arrange to run animals for 14 hours a day when you are supposed to run them during their 'daylight' hours? Yeah I don't think that is possible either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home