Neurosciencegirl

Friday, September 19, 2008

stressed out

My PI has to have surgery on Monday and so she will not be at my prospectus meeting. I know that I could reschedule but she probably won't be back for at least 3 weeks, then she was supposed to be gone over seas for a conference, then the next month is our big conference, and we have a lot to get ready so I think if I post pone it, it will just get pushed back further and further. I don't want to wait and wait, I just want to get it over with. One problem is that they meet without you in the room to discuss you as a student, she is writing me a letter saying the stuff she would say if she were there. That might work fairly well but isn't the same as being there to answer any of the questions they may have about stuff they wouldn't ask me....

I could still re-schedule but I'm giving them the document on Monday. Today I'm trying to finish up all the last minute changes and then give it a final read through on Sunday. I'm also working on organizing a lot of preliminary data to add to my 'mini' talk that I will give at the meeting.

I also have to cover her lectures next week but I'm splitting it with another graduate student so I only have to do one 1hr 15min one and not two.

I just hope everything goes ok and that she will be fine.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger PG said…

    That's a tough one. Part of me wishes my supervisor weren't at my proposal defense so that my committee would have actually treated me like more of an equal. But, who knows how that would have worked out.

    Good luck with it all.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger B said…

    thanks! I'm majorly stressing out until it is over. I hope it is smooth sailing! Good news is the surgery went ok and she is ok.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home