Neurosciencegirl

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I made it!

Phew! After a nail biting week I submitted my abstract on Monday. All last week I was in the lab until about 1 am or so- but it paid off! I could not have made it without the help from my friend El and Eman. He was so kind as to help out two weekends in a row, and he came to the lab Friday night for about 5 hours, we ordered pizza, so it was sort of like a lame date night in the lab :) Both of us hunched over the computer dealing with long data files. Thank you for a finacee who is so good with data entry :) The good news is that it means, I have a poster to present in Oct. and that means I have to force myself to continue to work on this project to collect even more data, and get closer to finishing this beast. I learned this technique but I do not know if I will ever want to do it again. Can you list that on your CV? Skills I have but would not like to use.... ever? hee hee just kidding.

Now it is officially summer and I do not have to teach until June 6th- Yippee! I love just having to do lab work. It is so much better than teaching/ taking classes.

This Sat. I did take off for a few hours to drive home and go to a bridal shower. I had finished a rough analysis of the data by late Friday night so I felt I could afford to go. My mom hosted the party and I think everybody had a great time, even though the ages of the attending was quite spread out. It was for my neighbor I grew up next too, she is like another little sister, so I was glad I could make it. The food was outstanding, superb brunch with to die for blueberry muffins. I remember as a kid not liking muffins. What was I thinking? These were homemade ones, and they were the best ones I have ever had. Moist and oh so blueberry! I always like seeing the dishes that are picked by the bride-to-be and seeing all of the fun kitchen stuff to go with them. The bride-to-be is very sweet and bubbly and I am very happy for her.

When I went with Eman to get the gift, he goes, "Well, it should be a short registry right?, just for the shower?"
I said, no you only do one registry for everything, the shower, bachorlette party and wedding, hee hee funny boy. I haven't been out much lately, so just being in Target was sort of relaxing. I said, lets go down the placemat isle just for fun! He and a sales guy looked at me like I had lost my marbles. Who doesn't like to look at all of the new prints/ designs for spring?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have a few of those (skills I would like never to use again).

     
  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I miss you, B! Sounds like the shower was wonderful, and congrats on being done with finals time. Come out and visit any time, babe :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home