Neurosciencegirl

Monday, December 01, 2008

Happy late Thanksgiving!

I went to my in-laws house for almost a week and enjoyed some much needed time off. I usually work most of Thanksgiving week but when you are driving 4 hours and taking two flights it is better to take a little more time away. I haven't taken a full week off at all this year so I guess it was ok and the time right before conference was extreme so I didn't feel all that guilty, until last night.

1) I'm Thankful for my spouse, family and their non-ending support.
2) I'm thankful for the chance to do what I like to do and for a potential job opportunity.


Two sort of funny things:

1) At the conference our first cabbie decided to give us a book of poetry he wrote, turn the light on and then recited a poetry on marriage to us. When he lost his place because of traffic, he would say where was I?, and E would read back the last line. It was all very strange. "Marriage is a roller coaster!" was the start but he said Marriiiiiage and stretched it all out. After that E was cab shy and kept insisting on walking 12 blocks even though I had a giant blister and walked really slow.

2) I was so distracted I used the little shampoo bottle and same fragrance 'conditioner' from the hotel only to find out it was lotion! (I looked at the label and read it was the same scent but didn't see the word lotion). I also packed this vanilla bath and body works 'lotion.' I tried rubbing it on my calves but it felt weird and was very smeary, I re-read it only to find it was body wash! Which I had to go wash off. This made my friend L laugh hysterically and she checked the shower everyday after that to be sure there was no lotion on the edge of the tub.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i have accidentally used conditioner as body wash before too. a friend of mine did it so much she actually developed a rash. o_O

     

Post a Comment

<< Home