Neurosciencegirl

Thursday, October 04, 2007

animal fun

So, today I was cleaning out one of our "pee" trays. The urine must have been hot because it melted some of the fallen reward candy that had landed in the tray. So by the end of the day I got to clean up rainbow pee, it had mostly dried and there were bits of hair in it but it still smelled like pee. I remember telling a friend of a friend what I did and got into some crazy animal stories. She said sarcastically, " Jeez, B you make it sound so romantic!" Of course she was kidding but it's true. People hear what I do and they are like wow that sounds like fun, I like animals. But they don't realize all the mundane, often smelly tasks we do everyday.

I'm in a good mood though. I think I'm pretty close to a first draft of a chapter for my proposal, Yay! I'm glad I'm finally making progress on that. I work on it hard for a while, and then I ignore it and put it off working on other stuff. I need to finish collecting data for my old imaging project and start the next phase of my drug studies.

Yesterday the parking ramp across the street from my window was on fire. It was only on the roof but I couldn't see between the dividers/ brick if it was the wall or a car, so I called the ramp to tell them. I saw them send up this girl w/ a phone, she was walking all along the roof and didn't see it, even though I could clearly see flames and smoke. I was about to call back to tell them she was missing it, when people on the street ran into their office. I then saw them run out and look up and see the flames. I'm sure since it is a College town they have to check for pranks, but I even told them which end of the building it was on.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Feistie said…

    Hi b,
    Thanks for checking out my blog :) I found you through psyc girl too! I love your description of cleaning up the pee....very colorful..haha :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home