Happy Thursday!
It seems earlier in the week than it is because I only worked half a day yesterday but it is already Thursday yay! I've been making good progress on my imaging work, taking many readings, but I think I'm developing arthritis in my right middle finger, the knuckle aches all day, and my elbows are killing me.
I also have been avoiding my paper draft that was returned to me for revisions from my PI. She says I do ok overall, but I tend to "speed write" where I say a few things and move on. Her basic comments then are not so helpful. Lengthen this, expand here, with no other suggestions. Sometimes I know what she means, I guess I just feel like I didn't have much to say. Here is the data, this what I think it means- the end. I guess I need to improve the "selling" my data and being sure not to skimp on background. I figure whoever is going to read this will know that stuff so why belabor the point? But, she says every paper must stand on it's own so go ahead. If people do know it all they can skip ahead. True, enough but I don't like lengthening I would much rather cut stuff out. Last paper we did she kept making me add stuff and then we got reviews from the journal they said nice paper but a bit rambling at times.
Tuesday we celebrated the 4th early at a friends BBQ and last weekend we attended bachelor/ bachelorette parties. It worked out well that we stayed w/ the couple for who the parties were for and both got to attend separate parties. They get married in MT next weekend so we are gearing up for the drive. I'm trying to convince E that while driving through Yellowstone NP takes a little longer it will be worth it! He has never been there! I would love to do more than that but we don't have the time. E is using all his vacation days for the honeymoon in Aug.
Right now I'm trying to install the microsoft office package to my new mac laptop, which my PI got me :) I partitioned so that I could run Windows XP so that I could access SPSS. I need to redo some stats and having it available should be a big time saver. Plus I can do more work at home this way as well.
Today at lunch E and I were at our local noodle bowl cafe. This group of three high school age girls were served and the third one starting freaking out. Apparently they had made the wrong dish, but this is the sort of place where they will bring you a new bowl and they let you pick toppings etc. Anyway, she actually picked up the bowl ran outside and threw the contents on the sidewalk! Then she bent over and starting swearing F*cK! !!! repeatedly... She came in and was crying. Very, very strange. One friend went and got her some water and re-ordered her meal, and helped clean up outside. The other one ate her pasta. When the new bowl came she ate it. Why freak out over such a little thing? It is pasta and veggies. They will make more. I'm sure the mistake wasn't on purpose, they were packed with people and very busy! What do you do with someone who has a strange tantrum and close to adult hood?
I also have been avoiding my paper draft that was returned to me for revisions from my PI. She says I do ok overall, but I tend to "speed write" where I say a few things and move on. Her basic comments then are not so helpful. Lengthen this, expand here, with no other suggestions. Sometimes I know what she means, I guess I just feel like I didn't have much to say. Here is the data, this what I think it means- the end. I guess I need to improve the "selling" my data and being sure not to skimp on background. I figure whoever is going to read this will know that stuff so why belabor the point? But, she says every paper must stand on it's own so go ahead. If people do know it all they can skip ahead. True, enough but I don't like lengthening I would much rather cut stuff out. Last paper we did she kept making me add stuff and then we got reviews from the journal they said nice paper but a bit rambling at times.
Tuesday we celebrated the 4th early at a friends BBQ and last weekend we attended bachelor/ bachelorette parties. It worked out well that we stayed w/ the couple for who the parties were for and both got to attend separate parties. They get married in MT next weekend so we are gearing up for the drive. I'm trying to convince E that while driving through Yellowstone NP takes a little longer it will be worth it! He has never been there! I would love to do more than that but we don't have the time. E is using all his vacation days for the honeymoon in Aug.
Right now I'm trying to install the microsoft office package to my new mac laptop, which my PI got me :) I partitioned so that I could run Windows XP so that I could access SPSS. I need to redo some stats and having it available should be a big time saver. Plus I can do more work at home this way as well.
Today at lunch E and I were at our local noodle bowl cafe. This group of three high school age girls were served and the third one starting freaking out. Apparently they had made the wrong dish, but this is the sort of place where they will bring you a new bowl and they let you pick toppings etc. Anyway, she actually picked up the bowl ran outside and threw the contents on the sidewalk! Then she bent over and starting swearing F*cK! !!! repeatedly... She came in and was crying. Very, very strange. One friend went and got her some water and re-ordered her meal, and helped clean up outside. The other one ate her pasta. When the new bowl came she ate it. Why freak out over such a little thing? It is pasta and veggies. They will make more. I'm sure the mistake wasn't on purpose, they were packed with people and very busy! What do you do with someone who has a strange tantrum and close to adult hood?
1 Comments:
At 8:58 AM,
PG said…
Sounds like the girl with the wrong order has other issues beyond disappointment that her order was incorrect.
I know what you mean about wanting to be succinct in your writing. I feel the same way and hate having to just add stuff in for the sake of making it longer. I also don't understand why people go over their time limit at conference presentations. I usually just want to get in and out as quickly as possible.
Post a Comment
<< Home