Grant
My PI finally got her big R01 Grant!!! This means instead of living while scrimping on everything we can finally afford to buy the right equipment. If something breaks or doesn't work well we can replace it, instead of using duct tape and just making due. I am still trying to get used to it. Other great advantages mean I won't have to TA for for the fall semester, she will give us some travel funds for our conferences and she is paying part of our tuition too!! (Which is less than a $1000 now that I only have to take two credits but is still HUGE for me and my small budge!) :) I'm so excited! Now we just need to publish, publish, publish. Which reminds me I gave her a crappy draft... I need to send her a new one.
Also, I've been back to work on my old imaging project part II. I have been staring at the hippocampus so much that when I woke up the other day I could see the shape of Ca1, Ca3, dentate burned into my eyelids....
Also, I've been back to work on my old imaging project part II. I have been staring at the hippocampus so much that when I woke up the other day I could see the shape of Ca1, Ca3, dentate burned into my eyelids....

2 Comments:
At 12:14 PM,
Steph said…
That's awesome! I'm happy for you, for the grant AND for the new furniture :)
At 3:14 PM,
B said…
Thanks! Plus I got a new computer that doesn't crash or need to be restarted all the time. It is crazy I can have more than one thing open at at time!! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home