Happy Birthday Grandma!
My grandma turns 81 today. E and I went to my parents yesterday afternoon to have a suprise dinner for her. My younger sis and her boyfriend also joined us. My mom made a wonderful Mexican feast! White bean and spinach dip for an appetizer, Mexican salad, refried beans, chicken enchaladas, and rice. Plus for dessert we all got our own ramikin with chocolate souffle! Delicious! My grandma even seemed to like her presents (I got her this decorative artist plate w/ ginko leaves on it, my sister got her note cards, and my parents got her a new shredder, cash, and photo paper for her printer). Afterwards we played cards which she always enjoys :)
E and I were frantically doing laundry as we wanted to head back home. A huge snow storm was coming and we didn't want to get stuck. After my sister and grandma left, we were still waiting for the dryer to finish our sheets so E and I and my parents played a new game, blockus. It was really fun, it is sort of spatial game with a bunch of different shaped tiles. I was really crappy at the beginning but I improved with each round. By 11:30 we hit the road and the ride home took about an extra 30 minutes due to slow driving in the unplowed snow. But we made it home by 2 am. This morning there was several inches of heavy wet snow on my car. But it is a warm 34 degrees so not too bad -all in all. Maybe I will try to build a small snowman....
Oh and I need to head to the laundry mat to dry the last batch of clothes.
go BEARS!
E and I were frantically doing laundry as we wanted to head back home. A huge snow storm was coming and we didn't want to get stuck. After my sister and grandma left, we were still waiting for the dryer to finish our sheets so E and I and my parents played a new game, blockus. It was really fun, it is sort of spatial game with a bunch of different shaped tiles. I was really crappy at the beginning but I improved with each round. By 11:30 we hit the road and the ride home took about an extra 30 minutes due to slow driving in the unplowed snow. But we made it home by 2 am. This morning there was several inches of heavy wet snow on my car. But it is a warm 34 degrees so not too bad -all in all. Maybe I will try to build a small snowman....
Oh and I need to head to the laundry mat to dry the last batch of clothes.
go BEARS!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home