Happy Birthday Grandma!
Ok last weekend was technically my grandma's 80th birthday but one of my sisters and I celebrated with her this last Saturday night. My mom made this terrific roast w/ garlic mashed potatoes and brocoli, an amazing salad w/ bree YUM and pecan pie for dessert. It was nice to be able to celebrate with my grandma and she actually liked her presents for once :) We got her the deluxe scrabble board game which has a built in turn table and ridges so your letters don't slide around. We even managed to break it in by playing a couple games after dinner. Amazingly enough I won two out of four games which NEVER happens and I played all my letters! My sister is usually the winner as she plays all of her letters almost every game. I don't really like to think that hard, or I'm just bad at coming up w/ words but it was sort of fun to win for once. My sister and grandma won the other two, so my Mom was on the outs, but she consistently was drawing 5 i's at a time so it is hard to score points with those kind of letters!
Yesterday we drove back here, I went to the lab for a couple of hours, we went to the gym and then we went to church. I haven't been on my own in while, so it was good to go back, and my guy (I'll call him Eman from now on) went with me which was really nice because I hate going alone. I grew up in a family where we went everyweek, and he didn't, so the fact that he agreed to come and didn't complain was great!
Today was a busy day. We got our new specimans for the lab, I taught two of my sections, ran some sessions in the afternoon and then worked on this presentation for tommorrows class. I'm not really looking forward to it but I suppose it will be over soon enough.
Yesterday we drove back here, I went to the lab for a couple of hours, we went to the gym and then we went to church. I haven't been on my own in while, so it was good to go back, and my guy (I'll call him Eman from now on) went with me which was really nice because I hate going alone. I grew up in a family where we went everyweek, and he didn't, so the fact that he agreed to come and didn't complain was great!
Today was a busy day. We got our new specimans for the lab, I taught two of my sections, ran some sessions in the afternoon and then worked on this presentation for tommorrows class. I'm not really looking forward to it but I suppose it will be over soon enough.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home