Happy Easter!

Well I'm still feeling down, see post below. However, I did have a lovely weekend so I thought I would write about that and that might cheer me up. Friday my Dad and I (w/ the food people) finalized the timing and details for our dinner for the wedding reception. Which was fun and exciting! I had dream last week that the reception started at the hall we booked but we ran out time so all the guests had to be moved to my junior high gym for the dinner! I could picture the shiny wood floor w/ the amber bleachers pulled out, not what I had in mind for the dinner. So figuring out the details will maybe curtail those bad dreams!
Saturday our long time neighbors threw me a bridal shower. We played a couple of games and then opened presents and had brunch. It was fun and I got some great stuff like drinking glasses, kitchen stuff like peelers etc., a popcorn maker and an awesome wine fridge from my 4 sisters!
In the evening, we got to make Psyanka eggs a family tradition. I will try to upload a photo. They are raw, you cover them w/ beeswax to trap the color and then dye it again and repeat, at the end you melt off the wax, and then later my dad blows out the egg.
Sunday was Easter, so for breakfast we had Kolaches another family tradition. We also had a wonderful dinner together. I guess I should count my blessings and try to ignore my suckatude for now.

2 Comments:
At 4:55 PM,
Field Notes said…
Those eggs are gorgeous! They look like they'd take a very long time to make.
At 1:44 PM,
B said…
Holly Thanks! They take anywhere from 1-4 hours depending on the design and skill of the egger. My dad had his finished and I was still working on the white portions of my egg. But w/ the family sitting around the table it is a fun time :) My sister's boyfriend took the longest but he also had to cover almost his entire egg w/ wax. (he let himself out at 2 am after the rest of us had gone to bed)
Post a Comment
<< Home