Neurosciencegirl

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

more forgotten random thoughts

ok so I should be working more on taking more ROI's but jeepers I'm tired of it! I find when I have a lot to get done I do better with my time management most of the time. Of course this may be because if I didn't use my time wisely I wouldn't get anything finished. But today I already ran all my subjects did some ROI work, looked up some coordinates for surgery in a few days... and now that I don't have too work on a presentation or anything I don't really feel like still working.

oh I do have a paper to find and read though, I'll go do that as soon as I'm done here, just two little things:

1) On monday I forgot to mention that when I went to teach I wandered into this media room to try and borrow a computer w/ projector attached. Anyway, I walk in and stuff is piled literally to the ceiling, it is in the physics building so there is odd crap, computer parts and random junk everywhere. TV's are on playing the news, someone computer is playing something there are weird configurations of desks and shelves everywhere two little side rooms a few doors leading to I don't know where. No one is around, so I look for stuff, but I only find lots of TV's w/ VCR's so no luck. I turn to leave only to find that the door I entered has no door handle. It has a pair of pliers hanging out of the back, I pull, I twist, I push, I twist & pull, no luck it won't open. I go to investigate another door, it has a peephole I see a large lecture hall full of 200+ people, ok I'm not walking into that! A different door, same thing how do I get out of here w/out looking like an idiot? I always get nervous in these situations, I mean why should it matter that I'm locked in the middle of the building about to be late to class? I know one door will let me out, but I just get nervous for no reason. Like when you wake up late and you know you were supposed to be somewhere 5 minutes ago. I find a door that does work and get dumped out in a different little hallway, but at least I'm out! Those are the little rooms that I always think would be a great backdrop for a horror flick.

2) I read a friends blog and it made me realize how every single person has such a unique perspective. This happened to be an old acquantance really, from high school and on one of his posts he was discussing things that happened on a school trip back in the day. He was describing the same trip I had taken at the same time, but I didn't really know him then. It was just funny how some of the stuff he described I too had seen and thought almost the same thing, and other parts he just had a different view point. Sometimes it is strange to think that 240 of us experienced something similiar, we were all at the same places at the same time, yet might have remembered something so different about each part of the trip.

ok I better go be productive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home