Another day another blog
Thursday we went out to our normal haven for a drink and then went to eat elsewhere later in the evening. I asked a friend for a ride home, but as the hours progressed Eman and I wanted to leave when my friend wanted another drink at another bar. It was too late for the bus so we tried a cab, but seeing how this city is so small they are not so reliable. After waiting for 30 minutes for our no cab Eman got really cranky and started walking home. It isn't all that far really, about a good 30 minute walk, but seeing how we had ice, compacted hail and snow everywhere, plus a very bitey wind it was a very chilly night for a jaunt home. But at least it counted for my "gym" time for the day :)
Friday was busy w/ surgery, teaching, meetings and ROIs too, but I still managed to leave at a decent time to hit the gym and then meet friends for dinner. We watched the Constant Gardner (after some Olympic viewing) and I realized I'm very, very blessed and I shouldn't complain about someone getting a good/ better publication, because somebody will always be doing that, and in this case it is good for my PI so it is also good for me, in the long run. Besides I have so many other wonderful things in my life I'm going to try and not whine about that sort of thing, at least for now. I mean I have a wonderful supportive fiance, family, friends, and I've been given a great opportunity to try and contribute something to science/ knowledge in general. Yay! What more can a girl ask for? (a pay raise? hee hee j/k)
Today I did a lesion surgery which takes a while so I'm glad to get it out of the way and someother routine lab stuff so all in all not a bad Saturday. I'm headed home now, I'm starving already and I really want to eat something good!
Friday was busy w/ surgery, teaching, meetings and ROIs too, but I still managed to leave at a decent time to hit the gym and then meet friends for dinner. We watched the Constant Gardner (after some Olympic viewing) and I realized I'm very, very blessed and I shouldn't complain about someone getting a good/ better publication, because somebody will always be doing that, and in this case it is good for my PI so it is also good for me, in the long run. Besides I have so many other wonderful things in my life I'm going to try and not whine about that sort of thing, at least for now. I mean I have a wonderful supportive fiance, family, friends, and I've been given a great opportunity to try and contribute something to science/ knowledge in general. Yay! What more can a girl ask for? (a pay raise? hee hee j/k)
Today I did a lesion surgery which takes a while so I'm glad to get it out of the way and someother routine lab stuff so all in all not a bad Saturday. I'm headed home now, I'm starving already and I really want to eat something good!

1 Comments:
At 12:36 PM,
Stephanie said…
For a minute I thought you said you did a lesbian surgery. I was thinking: what the heck is B doing these days? Upon rereading the sentence, lesion surgery makes much more sense.
Post a Comment
<< Home