New city, new job
I've moved and started my new job. I alternate from feeling like I have some things under control and am making progress, to feeling alienated and immobilized with fear. Afraid to design a bad experiment, feeling bad about not knowing anything about this new field of research, not knowing how the day to day operations of the lab work etc.
I've been reading the literature and coming up w/ some ideas. I've been running them by one of the graduate students, which has been helpful but I still haven't settled on a new behavioral experiment. I feel like my boss wants me to design one quickly but I want to have all the parameters in place so that when I do my behavioral and neural correlate analyses I really have all the necessary conditions to to answer my questions of interest. It is exciting but I mostly feel nervous.
My husband is looking for work but is restless and HATES our new state. Mostly because it is more expensive and is inconvenient in some ways. I figure that will ease with time, but feel bad about him being out of work. I know he is lonely too.
I've been reading the literature and coming up w/ some ideas. I've been running them by one of the graduate students, which has been helpful but I still haven't settled on a new behavioral experiment. I feel like my boss wants me to design one quickly but I want to have all the parameters in place so that when I do my behavioral and neural correlate analyses I really have all the necessary conditions to to answer my questions of interest. It is exciting but I mostly feel nervous.
My husband is looking for work but is restless and HATES our new state. Mostly because it is more expensive and is inconvenient in some ways. I figure that will ease with time, but feel bad about him being out of work. I know he is lonely too.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home