summer....
Well since I'm officially done I guess it is summer for me. I'm trying to get my dissertation chapters converted so I can submit them to a journal. That involves a lot of condensing of material and making different figures etc. It isn't too bad though and I've been working far fewer hours too! yay! It is so nice cooking, eating dinner at home and seeing my husband. I better be careful and not get too used to it, I know when I move I'll have to put in some long hours again.
I think we found an apartment but they didn't respond to my last email so even though I have a move in date, I didn't sign a lease yet. I hope we still have the place. We still need to schedule the moving company to drop of our pod like boxes. I also need to do some major purging. We have so much crap!
I may not continue blogging once I move. I still enjoy reading several blogs but I started this in the middle of grad school when I felt isolated and alone. I needed to connect with other students/ post-docs experience similar things. Who knows what the new lab will be like.... I'll guess I'll just wait and see.
I think we found an apartment but they didn't respond to my last email so even though I have a move in date, I didn't sign a lease yet. I hope we still have the place. We still need to schedule the moving company to drop of our pod like boxes. I also need to do some major purging. We have so much crap!
I may not continue blogging once I move. I still enjoy reading several blogs but I started this in the middle of grad school when I felt isolated and alone. I needed to connect with other students/ post-docs experience similar things. Who knows what the new lab will be like.... I'll guess I'll just wait and see.

3 Comments:
At 9:23 AM,
Unbalanced Reaction said…
Hmm....a new blog in the works perhaps?
At 9:30 AM,
Psycgirl said…
As I find myself more socially connected in my real life and less angry and unhappy with grad school, I find it more difficult to blog (and get less comments!) I get where you are coming from! Good luck with your move :)
At 2:29 PM,
B said…
maybe, UR, and thanks Psycgirl!
Post a Comment
<< Home