Neurosciencegirl

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day!

written Tuesday posted late:
E and I went to visit some friends in Chicago this weekend. We had a great time and got to visit E's favorite beer bar as well as go to Navy Pier, since my friend had noticed I had never gone before. We ate a lot of really tasty food, played some co-guitar hero and in general relaxed! So thanks friends! :)

It is technically spring break here but taking the weekend off and most of yesterday was about all I could manage. I finally met w/ my PI about this paper we need to re-submit this morning (I sent the changes I had made (highlighted) along with the response to the reviewer comments 4 weeks ago to my advisor). Also two weeks ago I re-sent the documents asking to meet about it. The meeting got pushed back and pushed back, and surprise! This morning she still hadn't finished reading the re-written parts! It frustrates me to no end. Especially because she says, "this is priority, I really want to get this back out..." really? because it doesn't feel like it. I know I'm not a main priority, I know you have a family, other students, other things to do, but why is it ok for her to do that to me, but then when I get the comments I'm supposed to make all the edits and turn it around in a day? The other co-author finally has the newest draft, I hope they don't have a lot of comments or rewrites for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home