Moved in
We made it! Tuesday was a long, long day. I'm very thankful our friends helped us or I don't think we would have finished. The truck was packed to the gills so it was really good I had already stored a lot at a friends garage, and pre-packed our cars or we wouldn't have gotten everything in. Our one friend MC has really long arms so he played the tetris game with our crap and was great at wedging everything up to the top.
We had to wait to get our keys because the people hadn't actually left the property yet. So, when we finally got our truck over there E and I started unloading. Our phone service is basically non existent so I couldn't really call anyone. Storm clouds were forming. We got some of the stuff out and our small friend showed up. He made me laugh as he and E struggled up the stairs with a dresser. He was at the top and kept saying, Push, Push, Push! It started to rain and our other friends came so we took a break during the down pour and eventually got everything out. I stayed behind and started cleaning the kitchen cabinets, and the guys went to get the rest of our stuff.
Yesterday, I stayed home in the afternoon to wait for the cable guy and unpacked a ton of boxes. I did laundry, cleaned out a lot of closets so I could start putting stuff away and felt good about organizing. We still have a lot to do, but it looks more like a place to live and less like a disaster area. I can even walk around now without running into things. When E got home from work we put together the entertainment center and moved the one dresser to our room. He said sort of rolled his eyes at me, but I have been getting dressed down the hall in the other room for years now, and I would like to get dressed in our room! Where we sleep! Is that too much to ask? I also tried to put up curtains but bought the wrong size rods which were too long, and I haven't seen the curtains since the guys where helping, so I don't know where they disappeared too.
My goal today is to do one long data collection session, run my other animals, and try to submit a paper to a journal. That whole process always seems to take longer than I think.
We had to wait to get our keys because the people hadn't actually left the property yet. So, when we finally got our truck over there E and I started unloading. Our phone service is basically non existent so I couldn't really call anyone. Storm clouds were forming. We got some of the stuff out and our small friend showed up. He made me laugh as he and E struggled up the stairs with a dresser. He was at the top and kept saying, Push, Push, Push! It started to rain and our other friends came so we took a break during the down pour and eventually got everything out. I stayed behind and started cleaning the kitchen cabinets, and the guys went to get the rest of our stuff.
Yesterday, I stayed home in the afternoon to wait for the cable guy and unpacked a ton of boxes. I did laundry, cleaned out a lot of closets so I could start putting stuff away and felt good about organizing. We still have a lot to do, but it looks more like a place to live and less like a disaster area. I can even walk around now without running into things. When E got home from work we put together the entertainment center and moved the one dresser to our room. He said sort of rolled his eyes at me, but I have been getting dressed down the hall in the other room for years now, and I would like to get dressed in our room! Where we sleep! Is that too much to ask? I also tried to put up curtains but bought the wrong size rods which were too long, and I haven't seen the curtains since the guys where helping, so I don't know where they disappeared too.
My goal today is to do one long data collection session, run my other animals, and try to submit a paper to a journal. That whole process always seems to take longer than I think.
2 Comments:
At 9:50 PM,
PG said…
You survived the move. Yay! The worst of it is behind you. I kind of like unpacking and decorating a new place.
At 3:26 PM,
B said…
psychgrad-
Thanks! yeah I don't really mind unpacking so much but cleaning is getting old. :) I like finding new homes for everything and re-organizing and hanging up stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home