Neurosciencegirl

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Disturbing news

A work friend of E's was found guilty of physical assault today. He was riding his bike to work a few months ago, when a car came up and started hassling him. The passenger in the car then proceeded to hit him in the head with their ice scraper. He then bit their hand. They sued him and now he is the one in trouble. Ok granted you shouldn't bite people, But if you are on your bike and this car is practically running you off the road (which you have the right to bike on!) and hits you in the head I imagine you would do something. Maybe he needed his hand to keep his balance after getting whacked in the head and just reacted! I can't believe it. He is not a violent person. I sure hope he can appeal. E didn't know what the sentence would be, but this all seems really unfair. I mean what if he had fallen off the bike after getting hit in the head? He could of been hurt. I don't think it is just to only punish him.
I wonder who was on his jury.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger PG said…

    Did the other person get into any trouble for attacking him with an ice scraper?

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home