baking 101
I attempted to bake yesterday. I whipped up a batch of molasses chewy cookies in no time, the first set baked wonderfully, then I put the second batch in. I waited and waited and added an additional 6 minutes, more, but they weren't baking.... I had accidentally turned off of the oven when I thought I had turned off the timer the first time. The timer light was on so I didn't notice. After turning the oven back on, the cookies baked. A cooling oven will only melt your cookies into a soft lump!
I went to work for a few hours. When I got home I made double chocolate cookies and attempted pistachio cookies. I made a pistachio paste which turned into a horrible mess and looked like baby poo as I tried to squeeze it out of my ziploc "pastry" bag. It exploded my bag mid squeeze and was so sticky it was impossible. I gave up and scraped them into the trash. I was going to attempt peppermint meringues but I decided just to make peanut butter balls covered in chocolate instead. Today I'm figuring out how to pack all of my cookies and presents to bring on a plane to my in-laws.
Have a Happy Holiday!!!
I went to work for a few hours. When I got home I made double chocolate cookies and attempted pistachio cookies. I made a pistachio paste which turned into a horrible mess and looked like baby poo as I tried to squeeze it out of my ziploc "pastry" bag. It exploded my bag mid squeeze and was so sticky it was impossible. I gave up and scraped them into the trash. I was going to attempt peppermint meringues but I decided just to make peanut butter balls covered in chocolate instead. Today I'm figuring out how to pack all of my cookies and presents to bring on a plane to my in-laws.
Have a Happy Holiday!!!
2 Comments:
At 5:10 PM,
Anonymous said…
B, all the baking sounds wonderful! Hope you have a great holiday and I will talk to you soon.
Steph
At 8:57 AM,
Unbalanced Reaction said…
Hope you had safe travels. Happy holidays!
Post a Comment
<< Home