Neurosciencegirl

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

stressed out

Every summer I think, yay it's summer maybe I'll find time to relax and still get things done. Then every year there is something that keeps me so very busy that I end up working more evenings then I would like too. The daylight lasts longer so leaving later doesn't feel so icky but I hate having to spend so much of my limited nice weather time inside my lab. I am stressed about putting together data for an ever closer international conference, two quick to follow conferences, and putting together the project for our 'guest' summer undergrad. Thankfully my PI told me today that she would help the undergrad some so that frees up a little of my time. I worked late last night and I just called E to tell him I would have to work late tonight too. I know he isn't thrilled by that, but what can you do? I also need to make all of my international travel plans, which stresses me out because I hate trying to find all the cheapest options. Drive to big airport (3+ hours a way); fly into big city A, take train for an hour and half to city B, take bus, find hotel. bleh I know I'm going to be exhausted just getting there. I'm looking forward to going but that w/ everything else to do is driving me nuts. All week my right eye has been twitching, which has also been driving me crazy. I'm having nightmares about my data and waking up repeatedly every night.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Shell said…

    Looking for the cheapest travelling options is such a chore. I've been quite lucky that I only had to overpay for a flight once during my entire uni year.

    If you're heading north, lemme know if you want tips. :)

    Good luck!

     
  • At 7:18 AM, Blogger B said…

    thanks shell!

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    very interesting to read ....thanks for giving this kind of blogs....
    Enjoy every minute of your life.


    --
    Venus
    Wireless Home Alarm Security

    Systems

     

Post a Comment

<< Home