Blue goo
So last night I picked E up from his last week night class. We came home in the rain and then I notice this blue grease all over our carpet. "E stop moving, I say, something is on your shoe". He freezes but doesn't believe me and insists on checking his briefcase, a fed ex box near him on the floor, other random floor bags. Then under his shoe, near the largest blue grease bomb he sees it on his clothes and shoes. I have no idea what it was. But he had already trekked it in on the outside mat, the inside mat by the door, down our small hallway and 6 places on our carpet in our living room area. I try dawn dish soap, I figured if they use it to clean up birds in oil spills it might cut this weird blue stuff. It doesn't really work that well so I try clorax 2 and woolite. The woolite sort of works. I'm scrubbing the carpet with an old toothbrush and E is changing. He is griping that this isn't what he wanted to do after class. (Well me either, I think and I'm the one cleaning all the carpet!) At least he also checked my car for it and it wasn't there, so somehow from the car to our door he stepped in some strange stuff. I didn't get mad or snippy because I know he didn't mean too but I really wish he would make taking off his shoes by the door a habit, something I do all the time. I did say later, that is why I take off my shoes. He said, well how often do you step in blue stuff? True, but you can prevent all sorts of dirt, grim etc by removing your shoes! It isn't something worth arguing about for now, but if we ever own a real home then I might have to insist on a shoe off by the door policy!
I also started some laundry last night, only to find a full load that had been sitting in the washing machine for over a week! (E had started it and never taken it out!) I washed it again and dried it. I didn't nag but when I brought it up to fold I did say it had been left in the washer. I'm really glad E has been helping out and doing things like laundry so I never want to complain but I thought he should know so that he wouldn't do it again. He said, "Don't tell me anything else I did wrong tonight!" I wasn't trying to pick on him I just wanted him to know. He has his last class on Saturday and then he officially will have his MBA. He has been a little tired and that is understandable.
I also started some laundry last night, only to find a full load that had been sitting in the washing machine for over a week! (E had started it and never taken it out!) I washed it again and dried it. I didn't nag but when I brought it up to fold I did say it had been left in the washer. I'm really glad E has been helping out and doing things like laundry so I never want to complain but I thought he should know so that he wouldn't do it again. He said, "Don't tell me anything else I did wrong tonight!" I wasn't trying to pick on him I just wanted him to know. He has his last class on Saturday and then he officially will have his MBA. He has been a little tired and that is understandable.

5 Comments:
At 10:50 PM,
Shell said…
Before Mr Shell and I moved in together, I actually informed him about things that I won't compromise on. One of them is taking his shoes off by the front door. I had to remind him a few times at the beginning.
I'm super curious about the blue goo. I hope you were able to remove it from your carpet.
At 7:05 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hey B. I understand the domestic issues. We have them too. M is very good about starting things (like getting the clothes into the washer, good example!) But not good at finishing them. Or he will promise to do the dishes and not do them for days. It drives me crazy and I end up doing them myself :) -S
At 6:38 AM,
Psych Post Doc said…
The blue goo sounds nasty. No idea where it came from huh?
We always take our shoes off when we come in too. It's just easier to avoid than try to clean up later.
I think all couples have these issues. I tend to be the more laid back one when it comes to housework so I can relate to E a bit about the "don't tell me anything else I did wrong tonight". We seem to have those sort of nights every once in a while.
At 3:36 PM,
Unbalanced Reaction said…
I have a "shoes off" policy, too. I get cold feet though, so shoes come off and slippers come on straight away!
At 3:58 PM,
B said…
thanks guys! I never found the blue goo source. I got most of the spots out or at least faded them.
Post a Comment
<< Home