highlight of my day
This afternoon and Wednesday morning I went to a coffee house to write. I was happy that I actually got stuff done and it was nice to work in a different area for a while. I like my lab spot and I have good computer there but sometimes I just get sick of my same corner. If I see the same place 7 days a week it can make it hard to concentrate and write. I made some progress on my paper but I still have a couple of big issues that I don't know how to address yet. So they are floating around in my head and I keep bumping into them. I hope I can make some headway this weekend with that.
I also realized that I was stressing myself out for stuff that won't happen for a few months. I don't need to find the answer to every problem today or tomorrow, I just need to keep working and setting small goals so I don't fall behind.
I also realized that I was stressing myself out for stuff that won't happen for a few months. I don't need to find the answer to every problem today or tomorrow, I just need to keep working and setting small goals so I don't fall behind.
2 Comments:
At 5:51 AM,
Psych Post Doc said…
I have the same issue with a manuscript I'm working on.
There are a few big problems that I keep bumping into but haven't been able to tackle yet. But, I also find that I think about them when I'm not "working" on the paper and sometimes that not actively thinking it though actually leads to break throughs.
Good luck.
At 1:36 PM,
B said…
thanks psych post doc! I do the same thing so I'm hoping the 'right' solution will come to me while I'm not really focused on it.
Post a Comment
<< Home