afternoon delight
Well I cleaned my apartment yesterday, it was getting to be sort of icky. I dusted a lot, organized dvd's, washed the floors, cleaned the kitchen, microwave, bathroom and vacuumed. I felt much better that everything was clean but was stuffy from all of the dust. Plus I knew I needed to clean but then felt guilty for taking time to do that and shop for food. I mean I could of been working!
Lately I feel like I should be working more, and I have been putting in more time but I just feel more behind. I still have more and more to do. So I feel more stressed. Then if I take time off I feel guilty for not working, and I can't really enjoy the 'relaxing' activity I'm invovled in. Then I feel guilty again. It becomes a viscious cycle which occurs sometimes. The important thing for me is to do some work and then be ok with it. Even if it isn't a ton, even if I could do more (because you can always do more!) and let it go and move on. Plus a friend called me and when I was telling her all the stuff I was working on and stressed about and worrying about this future talk (that might not even happen but I have to prepare for as if it might) I said, "I don't want to give this lame talk." She said, "Have you met yourself? You haven't ever given a lame anything!" That was a great thing to hear about myself. It was like oh yeah other people think I can do this too! that is why friends are priceless. they make you feel special and good all at the same time.
I did go to work in the afternoon yesterday and am working today too. I got some work done on old lingering paper. And today I actually made some small progress on my proposal. E wants to go for a short hike later today so I'm going to do that. One it will be outside which means sunshine and fresh air, two it counts as exercise which I badly need and three I get to just hang out with my spouse which is always fun. So that is my fun late afternoon plan. Plus I baked some turkey breast up for dinner yesterday so tonight all I have to do is cut it up and add it to my other dinner ingredients, easy and delicious.
Lately I feel like I should be working more, and I have been putting in more time but I just feel more behind. I still have more and more to do. So I feel more stressed. Then if I take time off I feel guilty for not working, and I can't really enjoy the 'relaxing' activity I'm invovled in. Then I feel guilty again. It becomes a viscious cycle which occurs sometimes. The important thing for me is to do some work and then be ok with it. Even if it isn't a ton, even if I could do more (because you can always do more!) and let it go and move on. Plus a friend called me and when I was telling her all the stuff I was working on and stressed about and worrying about this future talk (that might not even happen but I have to prepare for as if it might) I said, "I don't want to give this lame talk." She said, "Have you met yourself? You haven't ever given a lame anything!" That was a great thing to hear about myself. It was like oh yeah other people think I can do this too! that is why friends are priceless. they make you feel special and good all at the same time.
I did go to work in the afternoon yesterday and am working today too. I got some work done on old lingering paper. And today I actually made some small progress on my proposal. E wants to go for a short hike later today so I'm going to do that. One it will be outside which means sunshine and fresh air, two it counts as exercise which I badly need and three I get to just hang out with my spouse which is always fun. So that is my fun late afternoon plan. Plus I baked some turkey breast up for dinner yesterday so tonight all I have to do is cut it up and add it to my other dinner ingredients, easy and delicious.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home