wrote this tues
Yesterday I attempted to come back to lab. I made it back in but had broke out in a cold sweat just coming in to the building and was so tired. Thankfully R (our newer grad. student) volunteered to help me out and sent me home. I drove home and went to bed where I promptly slept until 2 pm. E comes home early on Mondays before his night class so I got to see him for a little while, although I ended up napping again before he left for class.
Today I finally feel ok. I’m back in lab and our new equipment is here. This is equipment that we ordered in August and the company guy is here to help set up and train us with hardware rules, software and usage stuff. I’m happy to absorb the necessary information and am thrilled to have the actual stuff we need for this technique! I just hope it all works. IF, and that is a big if, we get everything up and running correctly then I feel like I can finally address that last major chapter of my dissertation. It is very hard to write what I ‘will’ do knowing I was lacking major equipment to actually collect that data. The other side of this is that since we are finally getting this stuff collecting the data is just half the battle, then I have to learn the best analyzing techniques in order to sort and statically have something to say about it.
Today I finally feel ok. I’m back in lab and our new equipment is here. This is equipment that we ordered in August and the company guy is here to help set up and train us with hardware rules, software and usage stuff. I’m happy to absorb the necessary information and am thrilled to have the actual stuff we need for this technique! I just hope it all works. IF, and that is a big if, we get everything up and running correctly then I feel like I can finally address that last major chapter of my dissertation. It is very hard to write what I ‘will’ do knowing I was lacking major equipment to actually collect that data. The other side of this is that since we are finally getting this stuff collecting the data is just half the battle, then I have to learn the best analyzing techniques in order to sort and statically have something to say about it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home