complain, complain
I'm in lab but I'm fidgety. I've made a lot of changes to my paper but I've been avoiding the ones that say,"Having a paragraph added about X topic in the intro may be helpful" Or This paragraph in the discussion could be fleshed out more. These are the worst ones for me to fix because they are the ones the reviewer was generally vague about and mentioned a research field the size of the galaxy but not really related to my topic, or experiment. How am I supposed to write a broad paragraph to fit into my paper, without it sticking out like a sore thumb?
Also, my adviser has the current addition to review methods and results so I don't want to make changes until I get it back from her, or I'll have the what did I do in this version? vs the one she has problem. Technically the journal wanted us to return this by next week but we are trying to address some concerns by running new behavioral and drug sessions so I don't know if we will make the deadline.
My left foot is really sore as I've been trying to break in a new pair of boots. Last week some of the heel fell off my right boot so I wandered around in uneven boots, before I found time on Saturday evening to get a new pair.
Saturday night I was getting out of E's car when I fell. It was a graceful, slow sinking fall, E was on the other side of he car just looking at me. I'm in the snow down on one knee, the other leg sank about 2 ft into the snow, holding a pot of potatoes and a hot jumbo muffin pan in the other hand. Um, E can you please take this hot pan so I don't burn myself while trying to get up? At least I didn't drop anything! We were headed to a friends house for dinner and we brought potatoes (to make mashed with prosciutto and parmesan) and jumbo chocolate muffins for desert. I didn't pick the muffins, E came home from the store w/ a box for them so I made them quick, which is why I had a hot tin. Anyway, I'm ok except I scraped my left inner ankle so that is hurting too.
Ok I must get back to work.
Also, my adviser has the current addition to review methods and results so I don't want to make changes until I get it back from her, or I'll have the what did I do in this version? vs the one she has problem. Technically the journal wanted us to return this by next week but we are trying to address some concerns by running new behavioral and drug sessions so I don't know if we will make the deadline.
My left foot is really sore as I've been trying to break in a new pair of boots. Last week some of the heel fell off my right boot so I wandered around in uneven boots, before I found time on Saturday evening to get a new pair.
Saturday night I was getting out of E's car when I fell. It was a graceful, slow sinking fall, E was on the other side of he car just looking at me. I'm in the snow down on one knee, the other leg sank about 2 ft into the snow, holding a pot of potatoes and a hot jumbo muffin pan in the other hand. Um, E can you please take this hot pan so I don't burn myself while trying to get up? At least I didn't drop anything! We were headed to a friends house for dinner and we brought potatoes (to make mashed with prosciutto and parmesan) and jumbo chocolate muffins for desert. I didn't pick the muffins, E came home from the store w/ a box for them so I made them quick, which is why I had a hot tin. Anyway, I'm ok except I scraped my left inner ankle so that is hurting too.
Ok I must get back to work.
1 Comments:
At 5:48 AM,
Anonymous said…
Aww. I hope rewriting is going well. It sounds like a pain. Remember that you don't have to take all of their suggestions: I think they would understand if you didn't do a couple of things (especially that really broad paragraph that doesn't make any sense) so long as you thought about it and could explain why if asked.
Post a Comment
<< Home