officially a wife :)
Well it is over! I can't believe how fast everything went.
Wednesday night I went back home and my dad's parents, my other grandma and great uncle,aunt and uncle, a couple of close family friends from TN, two of my sisters, nephews and brother-in-law also came in that night. We had a an awesome thunderstorm and all hung out together.
Thursday I got to visit w/ the relatives and friends. We had a casual large family photo to include E (my husband to be) and the two nephews for my mom to replace the large family photo in the living room. Plus we had rehearsal, (which we needed, I had to prompt E w/ his vows- which we memorized for each other...) and then dinner. It was at the same family owned restaurant where my two older sisters had had their rehearsal dinners so it was special because of that. Also, it was my older sister's 36th Birthday. It was so much fun and it went by so fast. E's family brought some special white wine from a small vineyard we had all visited together out west.
Friday was the wedding. All I can say is enjoy the day! It goes by much too fast. 8:30 am My dad and sisters and I went to decorate the hall.
10:00 am bridesmaids and I went to get our hair done
2 pm E and I had our "first glance photos" (first glance of the dress really, because he stayed at our house too I had seen him all morning, which was a good thing, it kept me calm)
5:30 we had the ceremony. I did fairly well until the deacon started our homily, then I was crying. We wrote letters to each other which he had borrowed from. So I was crying when he read what I wrote to E and crying when when he read parts of what E wrote to me. I pulled it together for the vows and closing song and then wham! I was a MRS.!!!!
The reception was a ton of fun too. I tried to talk to everybody and then I danced and danced and danced! My friends seemed to have fun too!
Saturday morning, we went back to my Mom's for brunch w/ the out of towners and we opened gifts. We had a left over keg from the night before so we put that in the back yard and everyone played "corn hole" or bean bag toss and hung out. E wanted to leave by 2pm but I couldn't say goodbye to all of my sisters so he patiently waited until about 5 pm! Then we drove to a small town about 3 hours away where we stayed at brewery inn. A perfect match for E! We toured the small town and visited a natural cave on Sunday and just relaxed. I think I was still exhausted from the wedding.
All in a all a fabulous weekend to remember. It isn't weird to be married but being called a wife is strange. The only disappointment were my flowers, which were various lilies- none of which opened. So at the reception every table had buds!!
Wednesday night I went back home and my dad's parents, my other grandma and great uncle,aunt and uncle, a couple of close family friends from TN, two of my sisters, nephews and brother-in-law also came in that night. We had a an awesome thunderstorm and all hung out together.
Thursday I got to visit w/ the relatives and friends. We had a casual large family photo to include E (my husband to be) and the two nephews for my mom to replace the large family photo in the living room. Plus we had rehearsal, (which we needed, I had to prompt E w/ his vows- which we memorized for each other...) and then dinner. It was at the same family owned restaurant where my two older sisters had had their rehearsal dinners so it was special because of that. Also, it was my older sister's 36th Birthday. It was so much fun and it went by so fast. E's family brought some special white wine from a small vineyard we had all visited together out west.
Friday was the wedding. All I can say is enjoy the day! It goes by much too fast. 8:30 am My dad and sisters and I went to decorate the hall.
10:00 am bridesmaids and I went to get our hair done
2 pm E and I had our "first glance photos" (first glance of the dress really, because he stayed at our house too I had seen him all morning, which was a good thing, it kept me calm)
5:30 we had the ceremony. I did fairly well until the deacon started our homily, then I was crying. We wrote letters to each other which he had borrowed from. So I was crying when he read what I wrote to E and crying when when he read parts of what E wrote to me. I pulled it together for the vows and closing song and then wham! I was a MRS.!!!!
The reception was a ton of fun too. I tried to talk to everybody and then I danced and danced and danced! My friends seemed to have fun too!
Saturday morning, we went back to my Mom's for brunch w/ the out of towners and we opened gifts. We had a left over keg from the night before so we put that in the back yard and everyone played "corn hole" or bean bag toss and hung out. E wanted to leave by 2pm but I couldn't say goodbye to all of my sisters so he patiently waited until about 5 pm! Then we drove to a small town about 3 hours away where we stayed at brewery inn. A perfect match for E! We toured the small town and visited a natural cave on Sunday and just relaxed. I think I was still exhausted from the wedding.
All in a all a fabulous weekend to remember. It isn't weird to be married but being called a wife is strange. The only disappointment were my flowers, which were various lilies- none of which opened. So at the reception every table had buds!!
2 Comments:
At 7:25 PM,
Steph said…
B... it was absolutely amazing. i was so happy to be a part of the day :) Congratulations!!
At 1:24 PM,
PG said…
Congratulations Mrs. B. Sounds like a great time.
Post a Comment
<< Home