Perseid shower
E and I got up at 2:30 am last night to try and catch some of the Perseid meteor shower. We each saw around 15 shooting stars and one was an 'earthgrazer' which was really cool. It was brilliant white and left a streak across the sky for several seconds. We were going to get up at 3 but I woke up early so we just got up and wandered up the hill by our place away from the lights. I was surprised by how many people were just up but not star gazing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised in a college town, before classes have even started but it still seemed odd.
Tonight you should be able to catch them too if you look towards the NE and try to go where there are few city lights.
Tonight you should be able to catch them too if you look towards the NE and try to go where there are few city lights.
2 Comments:
At 7:10 AM,
Field Notes said…
Awesome!!
We missed it this year but I have many fond memories of lying down in the middle of the quiet road near our place in grad school, watching them for hours.
Those that streak across the sky are breathtaking for sure.
At 12:15 AM,
Unknown said…
Thank you SO MUCH for this post. I loved it. Thank you for having the courage to be real......
good one ....
--
Venus
Wireless Home Alarm Security
Systems
Post a Comment
<< Home