Neurosciencegirl

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

goodbye

So I officially said good-bye to great grad school friend today. The other one leaves next week :( They are in different programs than me and study different stuff but they have been part of the rocks that have held me together in my 6 years here. I got her a gift for her party over the weekend. Today at our good-bye lunch she gave me a friend necklace. It was really sweet of her. She told me that I and our other mutual friend have been some of her best friends of her whole life. Which made me get teary eyed. I will miss the fact that they get me in so many great ways and LISTEN so carefully. When I thought I couldn't take being in the lab one more second, or cope with more departmental crap I could call either of them to go grab a coffee/ or lunch. They will have to return to defend next year. I want to see them again but I really want to be finished by the time they return here. I think I will have many more lonely/working lunches in the lab days ahead this year. I hope their moves go smoothly and their new positions are less stressful than being here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home