Happy Birthday Mom and Grandpa!
My mom turned 60 and my grandpa turned 90 on Sunday! I went home on Saturday so we could celebrate! My mom had said this was a hard birthday so my sisters, dad and I all came up w/ 10 memories, notes, cards, etc to give to her so she would have 60 fun notes to read. She loved it! I ended up doing 10 scrapbook pages because I'm not that great at other stuff. I was the only kid who could make it home so I was the lucky one that got to see everyone else's fantastic creations! Homemade cards, notes, postcards, pictures, mini-gifts tied w/ notes etc. It was fun. My mom cried, and laughed interchangeably. My aunt got to come so she was crying and I was crying too. But they were happy tears. It was neat to see how similar we all are as sisters yet how different we all are too. We all wrote comments about how wonderful my mom's work ethic is, her cooking, awesome family camping trips and things like that, but we also had our own stories of favorite memories with her or a different perspective for a particular shared event.
I'm glad I got to be there to share it! My parents had arranged a card shower for my grandpa so they contacted many of his old friends, church community members, and extended family and asked them to send cards. He got over 50 cards! So reading through those was fun too. It was nice to see so many personalized notes to him about the dancing he did w/ my grandma over the years, or helping someone out. My grandma is still here too so I think they are very blessed to still have each other. They have been married for over 60 years! All in all it was a fantastic weekend. Nice to spend some quiet time with family.
I'm glad I got to be there to share it! My parents had arranged a card shower for my grandpa so they contacted many of his old friends, church community members, and extended family and asked them to send cards. He got over 50 cards! So reading through those was fun too. It was nice to see so many personalized notes to him about the dancing he did w/ my grandma over the years, or helping someone out. My grandma is still here too so I think they are very blessed to still have each other. They have been married for over 60 years! All in all it was a fantastic weekend. Nice to spend some quiet time with family.
2 Comments:
At 4:45 PM,
Unbalanced Reaction said…
Bonus points for making your mom cry! My siblings and I always try to be the one to make my mom cry because of a gift. Tears of joy, of course. :)
At 9:30 AM,
B said…
unbalanced- it wouldn't be much of a contest at our house, we all cry pretty easy. My Dad would rank movies on it being a 5 Kleenex movie or only a 2 Kleenex one.
Post a Comment
<< Home