back to the grind
For the past couple of weeks I was sort of slacking. I put in 45-50 hours a week and called it quits. This meant I got to see Eman a little more, go to the gym, get my laundry done, even give the apartment a decent cleaning and cook more...
But, alas it also meant my productivity fell somewhat. With TAing again and class.. my lab work has moved forward but not fast enough. Thus I did not get my brains sliced, or my discussion finished, (haa ha yeah right, I wouldn't have done that anyway, i hate writing!), collect my data values from a couple different brain areas etc. I did get all of my small animals finished to the point that they are in the freezer waiting for tissue processing, did get some writing done, run all my large animals 6 days a week, TA, read for class, find a new research idea, and begin to analyze a newer project I started this summer.... But I know that I need to stay around again and get more done. I am here tonight and really once you get going the time goes fast. I just had a lot of fun leaving here at 5 or 6 o'clock.
I also agreed to present a short data talk, and now I have to hurry up and put something together. I should have said no, but he was really pushing me. At least I have always been a procrastinator so now I know I can pull it out.
But, alas it also meant my productivity fell somewhat. With TAing again and class.. my lab work has moved forward but not fast enough. Thus I did not get my brains sliced, or my discussion finished, (haa ha yeah right, I wouldn't have done that anyway, i hate writing!), collect my data values from a couple different brain areas etc. I did get all of my small animals finished to the point that they are in the freezer waiting for tissue processing, did get some writing done, run all my large animals 6 days a week, TA, read for class, find a new research idea, and begin to analyze a newer project I started this summer.... But I know that I need to stay around again and get more done. I am here tonight and really once you get going the time goes fast. I just had a lot of fun leaving here at 5 or 6 o'clock.
I also agreed to present a short data talk, and now I have to hurry up and put something together. I should have said no, but he was really pushing me. At least I have always been a procrastinator so now I know I can pull it out.
1 Comments:
At 1:54 PM,
PG said…
It's funny that a 45-50 hour work week is slacking when for many, it's working overtime.
But I do know that all of the neuro people in my department are in the lab long hours when they're testing..
Post a Comment
<< Home