the knee
I've been hobbling around quite a bit and my knee was getting more painful so I went back to the doctor. This time I managed to get into the family practice instead of student health yay! (the student health doc said, "Oh it is probably just a sprain and don't worry, walk if you can) This doctor took an X-ray and suggested that I get an MRI. He thinks I might have tore my meniscus and that I should keep the weight off the joint by using crutches. I picked up a pair this morning and I am a bit rusty on them. It doesn't help that it is raining here so I am trying to avoid puddles at the same time. My underarms are already getting sore though, as I made it to two classes and now I'm back at the lab. I am not moving again until I have to leave for the night!
AHHHHH! I am such a bad TA. I can not believe that I forgot about my 4:30 section today. I was just feeling off all day, and then I finally was working on my ROIs and then wham I looked at the clock- 4:45! Yikes I was so very, very late. I hate being late especially when I have kids showing up to see me. eeek! I got my lab mate to run down to the room as the crutches take me a while. He said everyone had left, but that they handed in their papers. I emailed everyone in my section, and today was going to be a short day anyway as they just finished their exam, but I feel so horrible about it. And tommorrow I have to go talk the prof that runs the class. I am usually very parnoid about this happening so that I get there early every week. I just feel so crappy now. I hope they all don't hate me.
AHHHHH! I am such a bad TA. I can not believe that I forgot about my 4:30 section today. I was just feeling off all day, and then I finally was working on my ROIs and then wham I looked at the clock- 4:45! Yikes I was so very, very late. I hate being late especially when I have kids showing up to see me. eeek! I got my lab mate to run down to the room as the crutches take me a while. He said everyone had left, but that they handed in their papers. I emailed everyone in my section, and today was going to be a short day anyway as they just finished their exam, but I feel so horrible about it. And tommorrow I have to go talk the prof that runs the class. I am usually very parnoid about this happening so that I get there early every week. I just feel so crappy now. I hope they all don't hate me.
2 Comments:
At 12:37 PM,
Unknown said…
Sorry to hear about your knee. Hope things turn out okay. Your students were probably quite happy to get out of lab.
At 12:22 PM,
B said…
Thanks sciencewoman! yeah I hope that is what the students were thinking.
Post a Comment
<< Home