Neurosciencegirl

Monday, November 06, 2006

wedding dress shopping

My Mom and I, and a friend, went dress shopping this Saturday. It was great! At first it was really strange to see myself in a big white dress, I mean I rarely dress up and this was really formal, but after a bit it was sort of fun. Each dress you sort of say yes I like this part, but then I just put on one and I was like wow I really like this one. I will probably order it this week. My mom is freaking out because she wants to make sure it comes in in time. Even though they assured us around 4 months for it to come in, which would be fine. I had still had email from Mom in my inbox this morning, reminding me to order ASAP. I am starting to get excited about planning, finally :)

I don't really know why, but before I was dreading making all the decisions. But, now that I have my dress picked out, I can start to visualize, how do I want the cake to look, the bridesmaid dresses, the colors, decorations, invitations. I don't want it to be all matchy, matchy, but I do want some color and I want things to be elegant. I still have to decide to order my dress in ivory or white.....

3 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Honeybee said…

    My sister got married a month ago and I'm engaged too, though I've got a while. Maybe I should go try on dresses to inspire me?

    My sister did a fall theme and had each of the bmaid's in a different color: red, burnt orange, gold and espresso. Different than usual and it looked amazing. Another wedding I went to the maids all wore the same color, but the gowns were two-piece and they could choose whatever top half they liked best.

    Definitely order soon because you never know how long alterations will take! Have fun planning!

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Ivory! I think Ivory. :) I'm so excited that you went shopping for dresses!

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger B said…

    honeybee-
    yes! Go try on dresses! It is much more fun that I thought it would be. Bring a friend or two and just try different styles, cuts, etc. It might help you think about what you want, and then how you want flowers, decorations, bridesmaids dresses! It is the first time for me I actually had fun planning stuff for the wedding. I am not a bride who has been planning in my head forever and I was sort of dreading this intially but it went well. Good luck!


    Stephanie-
    thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home