Alive
Yikes I can't believe it is the end of October already, where has all the time gone?
I haven't been writing because I've been sick. I had a great conference with a good presentation, meetings etc. And I got to go to the cool aquarium w/ my nephew. Spending time with family is wonderful and we got to go to a kick ass concert too! In an outside amphitheater with tables where you could eat and enjoy a glass of wine. I got to have John Mayer play live while I relaxed and drank. How great is that?
Then I got home and had a gall bladder attack. Not so pleasant. If you have intense and I mean intense pain in your chest, under your ribs, like something might explode out of you... and you are puking from the pain and then rolling on the floor in agony, it may be your unhappy gall bladder! Not thought of often, working with your liver, contracting after you eat, fairly innocuous, until it strikes! I am still waiting to find out if I have gall stones, but that may have been the trigger. I pretty much rested all last week. The first couple of days, walking or jostling of any kind (rolling over) caused extreme pain and nausea. Breathing too deep, same thing. Thus I basically ate about 4 crackers and a banana a day. I feel good now though :) So I am very happy. I think my stone may have left me... adios buster! And I lost 7 pounds! That is the most I've lost in a long, long time so I'm very happy about that too. E says the weight will probably come back when I eat again... but for the moment it was nice.
Today I'm back in lab, where I found a mess awaiting me. The charts were filled out improperly, the treat bin was left empty, the counters were sticky... I mean I wasn't gone that long people!
I haven't been writing because I've been sick. I had a great conference with a good presentation, meetings etc. And I got to go to the cool aquarium w/ my nephew. Spending time with family is wonderful and we got to go to a kick ass concert too! In an outside amphitheater with tables where you could eat and enjoy a glass of wine. I got to have John Mayer play live while I relaxed and drank. How great is that?
Then I got home and had a gall bladder attack. Not so pleasant. If you have intense and I mean intense pain in your chest, under your ribs, like something might explode out of you... and you are puking from the pain and then rolling on the floor in agony, it may be your unhappy gall bladder! Not thought of often, working with your liver, contracting after you eat, fairly innocuous, until it strikes! I am still waiting to find out if I have gall stones, but that may have been the trigger. I pretty much rested all last week. The first couple of days, walking or jostling of any kind (rolling over) caused extreme pain and nausea. Breathing too deep, same thing. Thus I basically ate about 4 crackers and a banana a day. I feel good now though :) So I am very happy. I think my stone may have left me... adios buster! And I lost 7 pounds! That is the most I've lost in a long, long time so I'm very happy about that too. E says the weight will probably come back when I eat again... but for the moment it was nice.
Today I'm back in lab, where I found a mess awaiting me. The charts were filled out improperly, the treat bin was left empty, the counters were sticky... I mean I wasn't gone that long people!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home